Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) was released a notification for recruitment of graduate trainees at E-1 level in engineering and geo-sciences posts PSU Jobs through GATE 2018. ONGC wants to fillup 1,032 vacancies through this GATE score card or this recruitment drive. If you are one who are searching jobs in ONGC then you can log on to the ONGC website, ongcindia.com, to apply for the post. The Engineering & Geo-Sciences posts through GATE-2018 were notified vide Advt. No. 7/2017 (R&P) in September 2017 in Employment News and ongcindia.com. In the advertisement, it was conveyed that details about number of posts will be announced at the time of inviting the online applications.
Those who have qualified in GATE-2018 for recruitment to the posts notified in the said advertisement need to apply online for the posts.
1032 vacancies ONGC
The last date for submitting the application is by 5: 30 pm on May 3, 2018. Those who have qualified in GATE-2018, held in February, for recruitment to the posts notified in the ONGC advertisement need to apply online for the posts.
|1.||Start date for receiving online applications||16/04/2018 (From 14:00 Hrs.)|
|2.||Last date for receipt of online applications||03/05/2018 (Up to 17:30 Hrs.)|
|3.||Period for uploading the scanned copies of certificates and downloading the Interview Call letters||10/05/2018 to 22/05/2018(Tentative)|
|4.||Starting of Interviews||28 May,2018 (Tentative)|
- SELECTION PROCESS:
The selection process will comprise of the following:
- GATE – 2018 : The desirous and eligible candidates having the essential qualification for the advertised posts should have appeared in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 as indicated above in para 1.1.Essential Qualification & GATE Subject with Code under Eligibility Criteria and declared qualified by the GATE-2018 authorities .
- The GATE-2018 Score in the subject mentioned against the posts of ONGC will be considered by ONGC for shortlisting the candidates for the further selection process of Personal Interview as per the criteria decided by the Management.
- The final merit list shall be prepared based on the weightages assigned to various parameters as follows:
|i.||Weightage of GATE-2018 Score||60 Marks|
|iii.||Qualification||25 Marks ( 20 Marks for Essential Qualification & 05|
|marks for in line PhD*)|
* If completed & documentary proof produced on the date of interview.
- In order to be selected, candidates are required to qualify in the GATE-2018 and thereafter again in the interview separately in addition to fulfilling qualification criteria. To qualify in the Interview, General and OBC candidates are required to score minimum 60% marks i.e. 09 marks out of 15 & SC/ST/PWD Candidates are required to score a minimum of 40% marks i.e. 06 marks out of 15 marks in Interview.
- In case the total marks for final selection are same then candidate who gets more marks in performance (Weightage of GATE-2018 Score + Interview) is considered senior and if equal marks are scored in performance than the one older in age is considered senior for release of name.
- Departmental candidates shall be given first consideration in matters of selection, while other things such as qualification, eligibility and selection criteria etc. remain the same.
- Only GATE-2018 Score is valid for the recruitment exercise in ONGC under this advertisement. Score from GATE-2017 or from any previous GATE examination is not valid.
ONGC Recruitment FAQ:
Question: How many posts a candidate is eligible to apply?
Answer: candidate is eligible to apply for only one post.
Question: I have obtained my degree after clearing my back papers. Am I eligible to apply?
You can apply provided your percentage of marks calculated as per University/ Institution Rules and meeting with prescribed eligibility criteria mentioned in the Advertisement No.3/2018(R&P).
Question: In my college/ university, only 7th and 8th semester marks are considered for calculation of percentage of marks. Will I be eligible to apply?
Answer: The percentage of marks is to be calculated as per University/ Institution Rules.
Question: Do I need an email address for filling in an on-line application?
Answer: Possessing a valid E-Mail ID and Mobile No. used in GATE-2018 application process is necessary before filling the online application form.
Question: Will I be able to view my application after submitting the same online
Answer: Yes, you can view your application by logging in using your ONGC Registration Number, GATE-2018 registration number & registered E-mail ID.
Question: I am applying for GATE-2018 based posts. I have entered the wrong Address/Date of Birth/Phone number and I want to change it. Is it possible? Answer: You can change your details by relogin before the last date of application.
Question: Should I upload my photograph & Signature in the online application?
Answer: Yes. Every candidate applying for the post in ONGC should upload scanned copy of their photograph with the signature affixed under their photo. The total size of the photo with a signature should not exceed 70 kb. (Not more than 70 kb, jpg or jpeg format only). The candidates applying for GATE-2018 based posts should upload the same photograph appearing in the GATE- 2018 admit card. The photographs should have light shade background preferably.
Question: I am unable to upload the scanned copy of the photograph & signature?
Answer: Check if the file type is .jpg or .jpeg. Any other file type will not be accepted. Also check if the file size is of the desired length. Please also note that the file name should necessarily be in small alphabets i.e. PHOTO.JPG is not acceptable but photo.jpg will be acceptable
Question: My current residential address is temporary and is likely to change, so which address should I provide?
Answer: You may provide your temporary address for the time being. However, please make sure that you have provided your correct permanent address, a correct E- Mail ID and a correct landline/ mobile no as well in order to avoid any loss in receiving communication from ONGC.
Question: What documents should I keep for future reference?
Answer: A copy of your registration slip, Candidate copy of challan form ,your admit card, and interview call letter (if applicable) needs to be maintained till the end of the recruitment process
Question: During the application process, whom should we contact in case of any server error?
Answer: In case of any issue of technical problem such as server etc. the mail can be sent to E-Mail email@example.com. Please note that candidates should avoid raising queries regarding eligibility criteria etc. to this mail ID as these issues have been covered in Advertisement No.3/2018(R&P) and FAQs.
Question: I am a reserved category candidate. Can I apply for posts where no reservation is applicable as per my category?
Answer: Yes. Subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria prescribed against the UR post. But age relaxation will not be extended to you
Question: Who is entitled for relaxation / concessions admissible to Persons with Disability candidates?
Answer: Persons with disability of 40% or more will get the benefits admissible to PWD candidates. It is necessary to have a valid disability certificate issued by the Medical Board constituted for the purpose and duly countersigned by the Medical Superintendent/CMO/Head of hospital. Candidates whose degree of disability is less than 40% are not entitled for any concessions admissible to PWD candidates.
Question: I am a PWD candidate. Can I apply for those posts which are not identified suitable for PWD?
Answer: No. You can apply only for those posts which are identified suitable for PWD.
Question: “whether I need to keep my mobile with me at the time of application for getting OTP
Answer: Yes, you should keep the mobile with you for getting the OTP number so that application process can be completed by entering the same.