Are you looking for the IAS Syllabus 2019 online? Here is an update which will help out the aspirants who enrolled themselves for the UPSC Civil Services. The process of UPSC Civil Services exam will be conducted in 3 phases which include Prelims, Mains, and Interview round. UPSC IAS Syllabus 2019 – Union Public Service Commission annually conducts the UPSC IAS exams for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative civil service. The examination is conducted for the recruitment of IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS and other Central Government Group A and B officers.
- UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
- IAS Syllabus 2019 Online
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus Pdf file
- Topics to be covered up in Aptitude Skills in IAS Exam 2019
- UPSC MAINS covered up the categories listed Below
- UPSC CS Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
- Paper I – (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- UPSC Interview phase: Question
- UPSC CS Syllabus for Main Examination
UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
|UPSC Preliminary Exam Paper||Duration||Number of questions||Marks|
|GS Paper 1||2 hours||100||200|
|GS Paper 2 or CSAT (This paper is qualifying in nature, candidates need to score 33% of marks)||2 hours||80||200|
IAS Syllabus 2019 Online
Firstly the focus of aspirants is mainly on the UPSC Prelims and the Mains, so here we have the previous year exam papers which will give an overall idea of the exam. It also helped out you all to get an overall idea regarding the topics and pattern you can also check out how many topics you covered up and how many are left.The examination date of IAS PRE (CSAT) is 3 Jun 2019. UPSC MAINS exams will be held on 1 Oct 2019.
Preliminary exams incorporates two papers and both are mandatory. Each paper consists of 200 marks and are of two hours duration.
UPSC Prelims Syllabus Pdf file
UPSC Prelims categorized into two parts
- General Studies (b) Aptitude Skills
Topics to be covered up in General Studies as IAS Syllabus
- National and International events which took place currently
- About the physical, economic and geographic idea of India and the World.
- Social and economic developments including Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, Sustainable Development etc.
- General Studies including Biodiversity, Climate change, Environmental Ecology and other general issues.
- Indian Constitution and government which covered up the topics like the political system, Panchayati raj, human rights, public policy and some others.
- Indian history and the Indian Movements which took place in history.
Topics to be covered up in Aptitude Skills in IAS Exam 2019
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- X Class Comprehensive (English).
- General Mental ability type questions.
- X level Numeracy (Numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, basic concepts of topics) Data Interpretation (graphs, pie charts, data sufficiency, frequency tables etc).
- Problem-solving and decision-making type questions and analytical ability and logical reasoning.
UPSC MAINS covered up the categories listed Below
- Any Indian language which is mentioned in the 8th schedule of the constitution, there is no compulsion for those aspirants who belongs to Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
- English: which will clear that you can easily understand and express yourself using this language. It will cover up the topics including (Comprehension, precise writings, vocabulary) etc.
- Essay writing skills which include (concise writing, the order of ideas, and effectiveness of your ideas).
- General studies including the (Indian culture, Arts, Literature, Architecture, present significant issues and events personalities etc).
- General studies including the (Social justice, International Relations. Political issues, Indian Government) etc.
- General Studies including (Economic Development, Security, Disaster Management, Environment, Technology, Land reforms in India,) etc.
- General Studies including Ethics (determinants, human actions, ethics in public and private), Integrity (contribution of moral thinker, philosophers, teachings of great leaders, reformers), Attitude (social influence, behavior, thought) etc.
- Subject knowledge which you choose to opt in Mains as per your educational qualifications.
UPSC CS Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
Paper I – (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography Physical, Social. Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance Constitution, Political System. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy. Rights Issues. etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion. Demographics. Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations. orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts. graphs. tables, data sufficiency etc. Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Note 1 : Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/ she does not appear in both papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
UPSC Interview phase: Question
This phase will come when you qualified your UPSC Prelims and Mains. It will cover your all the previous knowledge and judge you from each point as per the job requirements. Candidates recruited from here will serve in different Indian ministries. To become an IAS is the main goal of the candidate who applied for it and to achieve that they really worked hard so all the best for the upcoming exams.
Latest UPSC IAS Syllabus 2019