Are you looking for the IAS Syllabus 2017 online? Here is an update which will help out the aspirants who enrolled themselves for the UPSC Civil Services. The process of UPSC Civil Services exam will be conducted in 3 phases which include Prelims, Mains, and Interview round.
IAS Syllabus 2017 Online
Firstly the focus of aspirants is mainly on the UPSC Prelims and the Mains, so here we have the previous year exam papers which will give an overall idea of the exam. It also helped out you all to get an overall idea regarding the topics and pattern you can also check out how many topics you covered up and how many are left.
UPSC Prelims Syllabus Pdf file
UPSC Prelims categorized into two parts
- General Studies (b) Aptitude Skills
Topics to be covered up in General Studies as IAS Syllabus
- National and International events which took place currently
- About the physical, economic and geographic idea of India and the World.
- Social and economic developments including Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, Sustainable Development etc.
- General Studies including Biodiversity, Climate change, Environmental Ecology and other general issues.
- Indian Constitution and government which covered up the topics like the political system, Panchayati raj, human rights, public policy and some others.
- Indian history and the Indian Movements which took place in history.
Topics to be covered up in Aptitude Skills in IAS Exam 2017
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- X Class Comprehensive (English).
- General Mental ability type questions.
- X level Numeracy (Numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, basic concepts of topics) Data Interpretation (graphs, pie charts, data sufficiency, frequency tables etc).
- Problem-solving and decision-making type questions and analytical ability and logical reasoning.
UPSC MAINS covered up the categories listed Below
- Any Indian language which is mentioned in the 8th schedule of the constitution, there is no compulsion for those aspirants who belongs to Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
- English: which will clear that you can easily understand and express yourself using this language. It will cover up the topics including (Comprehension, precise writings, vocabulary) etc.
- Essay writing skills which include (concise writing, the order of ideas, and effectiveness of your ideas).
- General studies including the (Indian culture, Arts, Literature, Architecture, present significant issues and events personalities etc).
- General studies including the (Social justice, International Relations. Political issues, Indian Government) etc.
- General Studies including (Economic Development, Security, Disaster Management, Environment, Technology, Land reforms in India,) etc.
- General Studies including Ethics (determinants, human actions, ethics in public and private), Integrity (contribution of moral thinker, philosophers, teachings of great leaders, reformers), Attitude (social influence, behavior, thought) etc.
- Subject knowledge which you choose to opt in Mains as per your educational qualifications.
UPSC Interview phase: Question
This phase will come when you qualified your UPSC Prelims and Mains. It will cover your all the previous knowledge and judge you from each point as per the job requirements. Candidates recruited from here will serve in different Indian ministries. To become an IAS is the main goal of the candidate who applied for it and to achieve that they really worked hard so all the best for the upcoming exams.
Latest UPSC IAS Syllabus 2017